Harrogate Online registered bloggers: Chris Lima

Continuing the interview posts about other IATEFL Harrogate Online registered bloggers, it's my pleasure to introduce Chris Lima to those of you who don't already know her. I first met Chris at the BRAZ-TESOL conference in Fortaleza in 2008 and have bumped into her at conferences ever since. 

Please introduce yourself
My name is Chris Lima, I am a teacher, teacher trainer and researcher.

Could you give us brief details about your session at IATEFL 2014? 
In my talk I will discuss how integrating the reading of literary and creative material into teacher education and development programmes can give ELT professionals the opportunity to better understand the role of literature in language learning, participate in discussions of relevant issues, engage with different points of view, and develop their own language skills.

What areas of the conference are you interested in? 
Literature and language teaching, creativity in ELT, English for Academic Purposes.

What should your audience expect to learn? 
About ways of making the reading of literature more interactive and how to participate or perhaps start your own reading group

Do you blog? 
Yes, I have been blogging for 8 years – I wrote my first post in January 2006.

Could you tell us about your blog(s)? 
My main blog is simply called Chris Lima’sBlog (not very creative at all). I started it blog in 2006 as a simple experiment with web technology and as a way to reflect on my professional experiences. It has grown to encompass all aspects of my teaching, my involvement with teachers' and other educational associations as well as my research interests. I also have anotherblog that I devote to my literary interests.


What other aspects of the conference are you looking forward to? 
Meeting my friends, advancing a couple of projects with some colleagues, and meeting new people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning Design in the age of Generative AI

Using recorded Skype conversations as assessment tools

Digital Literacy - Gavin Dudeney