Found at the alt.usage.english group

"I can accept "blog" as a noun. It's a nifty word that serves a legitimate purpose. I can even accept "blog" as an intransitive
verb ("Golly, I just spent my whole afternoon blogging").

But as a transitive verb with a direct object? There's something about "blogging the nanotechnology conference" that just doesn't
ring right. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it's there.
Maybe it's the misuse of the transitive sense, which entails a
subject doing something TO a direct object. And because "blogging
the conference" doesn't actually do anything TO the conference, it
seems an improper usage."

What do you think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning Design in the age of Generative AI

Using recorded Skype conversations as assessment tools

Digital Literacy - Gavin Dudeney